KPMG’s Corporate Finance practice has the resources and experience to help clients attain the right outcomes across a range of transactions.
- Business sales and disposals.
- Private equity transactions.
- Mergers and acquisitions (M&A).
- Public company takeover advice.
Whilst price is a critical factor for acquirers and sellers, navigating the complex financial, operational and regulatory processes involved in M&A transactions invariably complicates the deal.
According to Thompson Securities Data Corporation, KPMG in Australia has ranked among the top three M&A dealmakers for each of the past five years. Consider just some of our recent transactions.
- A corporate restructuring involving the divestment of 16 businesses realising more than $200 million.
- Divestment of a national classified advertising business to a telecommunications’ carrier for $636 million.
- The merger of two information technology businesses for $160 million.
- Acquisition of a retail mortgage portfolio for $1.8 billion.
- Takeover of a diversified property trust for $2.1 billion.
- Merger of an agribusiness valued at $500 million.
- Roll-up of 4 electrical contracting and maintainance businesses to create a national operator.
How we can help
A comprehensive suite of services covering all aspects of M&A transactions.
- Identifying businesses to be acquired.
- Locating purchasers.
- Planning of acquisitions, takeovers, mergers and divestments, business appraisals.
- Structuring transactions.
- Arranging financing, both debt and equity.
- Negotiating finance price, terms and conditions.
KPMG’s capabilities also extend to the growing private equity sector.
Why select us
KPMG’s M&A advisers are skilled professionals. They bring to each assignment a clear, practical approach.
We offer a multidisciplinary approach in which our services and resources are tailored to individual client needs.
Our international Corporate Finance network gives KPMG a significant presence in major financial and commercial centres. It makes a difference in accessing market intelligence and getting the deal done.
Our M&A practitioners are seasoned professionals with a wealth of experience in a wide range of transactions.
In addition to our finance credentials, KPMG’s strong industry focus centred on dedicated industry groups brings an extra dimension to the quality and relevance of our advice.
Our fees and costs are transparent, as is our advice, which is clear, concise and actionable.
Our first and only responsibility is to our client. We don’t have a debt or equity position in the deal, which means our objectivity and impartiality is maintained.