When acquiring a business, professional and other assistance is available from a variety of sources.
Successful business acquisition commences with good forward planning and accurate market research.
Market research on the industry sector in which the business to be acquired is involved is generally available from
- Industry Associations
- Reports prepared by research firms for industries or particular groups of companies
- Government departments relevant to the industry
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Specialist research firms such as IBISWorld
- University surveys/reports
- Professional associations’ industry reports
Good professional advice is essential to optimize the purchase price paid, the ongoing ownership and post acquisition management and implementation.
- Corporate Advisory Firms
- Specialist Tax Advisors
- Specialist Industry Consultants, e.g. valuers, quantity surveyors, engineers, scientists, IT systems
- Marketing and Public Relations Consultants
- Other industry participants
- Customers or suppliers of the target business or similar businesses
- Set up alerts on BizExchange
- Use search engines for industry information